187th Fighter Wing, Alabama National Guard: Pilot Hiring Board Information
The 187th Fighter Wing, Alabama Air National Guard, will be conducting an Undergraduate Pilot Training (UPT) selection board December 1, 2012. The objective of this selection board is to select an officer candidate to complete UPT and return to the 187th FW as a pilot. Prior Military service is not required.
Prospective applicants need to meet the following minimum qualifications:
- U.S. Citizen
- Not to exceed 30th birthday by the start date of UPT. Estimated start date will be after October 1, 2013.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an Accredited Institution as defined by the U.S. Office of Post Secondary Education. http://www.ope.ed.gov/accreditation/
- Applicants who will graduate within 3 months of the interview board will be considered.
- AFOQT test completed
- TBAS test completed
- Hold current FAA First Class medical (187FW Requirement)
- Private Pilot's License required (187FW Requirement)
- Distance vision 20/70 correctable to 20/20
- Near Vision 20/20
- Be able to pass the Air Force Physical Fitness Test
- Be able to pass Fighter Aircrew Conditioning Test
- Be able to pass a background check to receive a Top Secret security clearance
Application Packet Procedures:
Application package setup: all pages 8.5 X 11, staple in upper left hand corner, in the following order:
1. Cover Letter, max of one page, stating intentions, desires, and other pertinent information.
2. Resume (limited to one page) Please include any varsity sports background from high school, college, or professional experiences.
3. Official AFOQT Scores print out
4. Official PCSM score print out
5. Letters of Recommendation (optional, 3 max)
6. Current Copy of FAA First-Class Medical (FAA Form 8500)
7. Copy of FAA Pilot Certificate
8. Copy of last page of applicant's logbook showing total flight time
9. Completed DD Form 369 for police record check (available at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/infomgt/forms/eforms/dd0369.pdf)
10. Copy of Official College Transcripts. Certified Copy Not Required pre-interview. If you are invited to an interview, be prepared to send a certified copy.
11. Official letter from Academic Advisor stating graduation date and remaining requirements, if less than 3 months from graduation.
Application Packages are due NLT October 15, 2012. Applications received after this date will be rejected.
Please send applications and transcripts to the following address:
187th Fighter Wing UPT Selection Board
Attend: Recruiting Office--TSgt James Tyner
5187 Selma Highway
Montgomery, AL, 36108
Questions about the application process can be directed to TSgt James Tyner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or TSgt Milford (email@example.com).
DSN 358-9190 or Comm. (334) 394-7190.